A device to control the closing rate of the cover.
Light-Duty Cutter (unavailable for the W-8306)
Easily installed on the front of the printer, this rotary mechanism will cut a maximum material thickness of .006" (.152mm) into minimum lengths of 1.25 inches (31.8 mm).
Easily installed on the front of the printer, this guillotine mechanism will cut a maximum material thickness .010" (.254mm) into minimum lengths of 1.25 inches (31.8 mm).
Used to collect the media cut by the Standard or Light-Duty Cutter (specify application at time of order).
External Media Rewinder
Separate device with and 8" roll capacity to rewind labels and backing material.
Font Expansion Card (cannot be used with the I/O Expansion card)
A slide-in circuit card assembly with 8MB Flash memory expansion for International Language Printing Capability (ILPC) and/or additional fonts and graphics. ILPC consists of one of the following:
• CG-Timesä (Western European) Scalable font
• Kanji Gothic B Scalable font
• Simplified Chinese GB Scalable font
• Korean Hangul Scalable font
ILPC - CG Times Firmware
The firmware can be upgraded to include the Datamax ILPC (International Language Printing Capability) CG Timesä font. This supports the Datamax Enhanced Language Code Pages.
Internal Rewind (factory installed)
A mechanism to rewind printed labels and backing material inside the printer.
I/O Expansion Card (specify features at time of order)
The standard features of this slide-in circuit card assembly include:
• General purpose (GPIO) interface for external printer and device control.
• Time and date calendar (Real Time Clock) function for label time-stamping.
An optional feature also offers:
• 8MB Flash memory expansion for graphics and/or additional fonts including International Language Printing Capability (ILPC).
The DMXNet Print Server Card is an internal Network Interface Controller (NIC) that enables the printer to provide EthernetÒ connectivity. Features include:
• Automatic selection of 10Base2 (Thinnet) or 100BaseT Fast Ethernet connection.
• Integral HTTP Server to allow monitoring and management from a standard Web browser program.
• Peer-to-Peer (serverless) discovery and printing from Windows 95/98/ME/XP or Windows NT/2000 workstations without a Novell file server present.
• FTP printing to allow printing directly from a Web browser or other FTP client.
• Dynamic Domain Name Service (DDNS).
• Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
• Novell "YES" certified.
• Novell NetWare PSERVER on both bindery based and Novell Directory Services (NDS).
• LPR/LPD over TCP/IP for UNIX platforms and Microsoft Windows.
• Raw sockets support over selectable TCP/IP port with filters for selected UNIX environment.
• IP and IPX SNMP support of MIB-2, proprietary NIC MIB and public and proprietary (private) Printer MIB.
• SNMP traps to alert administrators of printer errors (paper/ribbon out, head up, etc).
• E-mail notification of printer errors to specified addresses.
• Universal Plug and Play (UPnP).
• FTP download allows users to upgrade the interface's Flash memory.
Peel and Present Mechanism (requires the Internal Rewind option)
A device used to automatically separate printed labels from the backing material. When accompanied by the present sensor option, on-demand label dispensing becomes possible.
A sensor used to control the printer output. When enabled, printing occurs after the removal of a previously print label.
RS-422 Serial Interface**
Single-drop interface hardware to support greater distances from the host at communication rates of up to 38,400 baud.
A slide-in circuit card assembly that provides connectivity to AS/400 and System/3X Twinax host system or 3270-type host system. Cable included.
A slide-in circuit card that provides the printer with a Universal Serial Bus, Version 1.1, for Windows printing environments only.