Evolis Quantum Specifications
With a 1000 card capacity for its card feeder, hopper and color ribbon, the Quantum is the only printer on the market to offer a total printing autonomy of 1000 cards in full color.
This autonomy is even reinforced in monochrome mode thanks to a 5000 cards/roll capacity for the black ribbon.
This dual-sided and easy-to-use printing system personalizes pre-printed and blank cards with high resolution texts, logos, photos, and bar codes. It also offers the options of magnetic encoding, smart card encoding, and contactless card personalization.
Designed for service bureau, access control or any other high volume applications, the Quantum is as easy to use as a desktop printer. To make it even more convenient, the two card feeders and the two hoppers are selectable and work totally independently from one another. This enables the possibility to manage two or more different types of cards at the same time. Each hopper has a reject box for defective cards. These technological innovations make this printer completely autonomous.
Start your print job before leaving the office and, on your return the following morning, your cards will be done!
The Quantum from Evolis combines high autonomy, ease of use and low cost.
What are the Quantum printer advantages ?
The 1000 cards capacity of the feeders, output hoppers and color ribbons offers a higher printing capacity than any other card printer on the market and without any operator intervention.
A 5000 cards capacity monochrome ribbon is also available for increased autonomy.
- The Quantum is fitted as standard with a flip over module to print both sides of cards.
- The two feeders and output hoppers work completely independently from one another and therefore enable printing or/and encoding jobs on several types of cards within the same 1000 card batch.
- High capacity ribbons specifically developped for the Quantum offer a wide range of printing possibilties.
The Quantum, although an industrial printer, is very user friendly:
- The ergonomic opening concepts allow easy and fast access to all the printer functions: card loading and unloading, ribbon installation, cleaning…
- The re-stacking system adapted on the output hoppers sorts out your cards in the order of printing.
- The Quantum is compatible with any software, dedicated to plastic card applications or not, as it is delivered with drivers for Windows NT 4.0, 2000 and Xp.
- USB and parallel Centronics interfaces are delivered as standard (cables supplied).
- The Quantum is based on the same proven concepts and technologies than the New Pebble printer.
- The printer is developped for printing in volume; it is equipped with a specific print head and cooling system.
- The printer is self-testing for encoding operations: any defective card is automatically ejected in one of the two reject boxes.
- Printing and/or encoding jobs are never lost in case of error : the recovery system automatizes restart of pending jobs.
- The cleaning system with dual rollers ensures perfect cleanliness of the cards and guarantees high quality output and long print head life.
- The Quantum is the one and only printer with full capacity for 1000 cards in color. Its retail price is also exceptional. These are the two reasons why the Quantum is a unique product and simply can not be compared to any other card printer on the market!
Quantum Printer Specifications
With a total printing capacity of 1000 cards, the Quantum is the ideal dual-sided printer for high-volume badge personalization.
- Color dye sublimation and monochrome thermal transfer
- Edge-to-edge printing as standard
- Flip-over module
- Card reject boxes
- Integrated ribbon saver for monochrome printing
- 140 cards/hour in full color (YMCKO), 1 side
- 110 cards/hour in full color (YMCKO/K), 2 sides
- Up to 1000 cards/hour1 in monochrome, 1 side
- Up to 350 cards/hour in monochrome, 2 sides
- For Windows™ NT 4.0 / 2000 and Xp
- 1 year
- Print head: 1 year or 500 000 passes2
- Monochrome black ribbon: 5000 cards/roll
- Other monochrome ribbons available: 1000 cards/roll (available in black, blue, red, green, white, gold, silver and scratch off)
- 2 panel monochrome ribbon (KO): 500 cards/roll
- 5 panel color ribbon (YMCKO): 1000 cards/roll
- 6 panel color ribbon (YMCKO/K): 800 cards/roll
- 1/2 panel color ribbon (YMCKO): 400 cards/roll
- Hologram ribbon: 350 cards/roll
Other printer models
- Quantum Mag
- Printer with HICO / LOCO magnetic stripe encoder - ISO 7811
- Quantum Smart
- Printer with smart card contact station - ISO 7816-2
- Quantum Contactless
- Printer with contactless smart card reader / encoder
- (available upon study)
1- Under specific conditions
2- Clause governing the use of Evolis consumables
- All PVC and Composite PVC cards
- ISO CR-80 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm - 3.375" x 2.125")
Card feeder capacity
- 2 x 500 cards (0.76 mm - 30 mil)
Card output hopper capacity
- 2 x 500 cards (0.76 mm - 30 mil)
Card reject box capacity
- 2 x 25 cards (0.76 mm - 30 mil)
- Height: 510 mm (20.07")
- Width: 700 mm (27.55")
- Depth: 300 mm (11.81")
- USB and Parallel Centronics (cables supplied)
- 110~230 Volts CA, 60~50 Hertz
- Min / Max operating temperatures: 15° / 30° C (59° / 86° F)
Humidity: 20% to 65% non-condensing
Min / Max storage temperatures: -5° / +70° C (23° / 158° F)
Storage humidity: 20% to 70% non-condensing
Operating ventilation: free air
Evolis Card Printer designs, manufactures and markets plastic card printers, using the latest computer, mechanical and electronic technologies.Evolis printing solutions are distributed in more than 70 countries through a well-established network of distributors and resellers. We pay a particular attention to give our distributors the best possible service. Our commercial, marketing and technical teams are in permanent contact with our partners and provide them with all the necessary tools and with a fast and friendly after sales service.