Hand Held Dolphin 7900 Specifications
The Dolphin 7900 is our premier industrial PDA. Feature-rich and extremely rugged, the 7900 is optimized for robust mobile applications requiring real-time voice and data communications. Featuring flexible data capture capabilities and device reliability, the 7900 is ideal for applications in transportation and logistics, parcel delivery and field service.
Designed for the Mobile User
Compact size and intuitive ergonomics combine to make scanning, stylus and keyboard data input and voice communication easy.
constructed to withstand real-world use in harsh environments, indoors or out.
Wireless Full Area Networking (WFAN™)
Integrated Wireless PAN, LAN and WAN communications provide real-time data exchange and multi-voice communication - any time, anywhere.
Adaptus® Imaging Technology 5.0
Multifunctional data capture enables linear and 2D bar code reading, scanning of specialty and damaged codes, plus digital image capture.
Shift-PLUS™ Power Management
Powers bar code reading and RF-Intensive applications beyond an entire work shift, allowing uninterrupted data processing and enhanced worker productivity - all while greatly reducing battery replacement costs.
Power Tools are software utilities on our Dolphin Mobile Computer and Image Kiosk devices that provide several out-of-the-box solutions for application development and deployment, including retrieving device information, customising the user interface, working with the registry, networking, and passing bar code data to applications.
Our Power Tools include:
- EZMenu, a customizable program launcher that creates application windows that can launch menus, windows and applications. In addition, EZMenu enables you to have control of the user experience and lock them out of the system environment if required.
- ScanWedge, to capture and send data from the device’s decoder, serial port and IrDA interface to the foreground application as if it were entered via the keyboard.
- Registry Power Tools, to provide user-friendly interfaces for working with the registry, including registry backup, restore and editing.
This suite of software utilities simplifies configuration management of Dolphin and Image Kiosk devices. Device configuration data is stored in files that can be deployed to your devices via bar codes or a USB PC connection. With EZConfig, you can create a configuration file and deploy it to all of the devices you manage without having to touch each device, ensuring that each device has the same default configuration.
Remote Device Management
MobiControl is a fully-featured, cost effective remote device management solution for supporting Dolphin® mobile computers and the Image Kiosk 8560/8570™ across diverse network topologies.
Remote Control / Helpdesk Toolset
Remote Registry Editor / Task Manager / File Transfer
Diagnostic Image Manager
Screen / Video Capture
MobiControl utilizes checkpoint restart for file downloads and supports file compression of software packages to increase performance over slower connections such as cellular. MobiControl utilizes a Microsoft SQL database and consists of MobiControl Manager, Deployment Server, Package Studio, and a Device Agent.
PowerNet Twin Terminal Emulation Client
Connects WLAN-enabled Dolphin Mobile Computers and Image Kiosks directly to host applications via TN3270, TN5250, or TNVT terminal emulation and industry-standard TCP/IP protocol. Designed specifically for WLAN devices, this software is packed with features that provide customized functionality for wireless data collection including keyboard mapping, automated login capabilities and pass-through printing.
Software Development Kits (SDKs)
These are all the tools developers need to develop rich, powerful Microsoft® Windows Mobile® and Windows® CE applications for Dolphin and Image Kiosk devices. The SDKs contain all of the APIs needed to use the features unique to the devices such as decoding and image capture. In addition, the SDKs support multiple programming languages (C/C++, C# and VB.NET).
- .NET controls and C++ libraries for imaging, decoding, signature capture, radio management, and IrDA printing
- C++ library for GSM/GPRS application development in Dolphin Mobile Computers
- Extensive Visual Studio documentation and help files
- Application samples including Compact Framework 2.0 support
A simple yet sophisticated user interface that makes developing solutions for Dolphin Mobile Computers and Image Kiosk devices both efficient and cost-effective. Developers are empowered to harness the multifunctional data collection capabilities of these devices, including keypad and touch panel input, 1D and 2D bar code scanning and image capture. With the power, flexibility, and ease-of-use of ITScriptNet OMNI, you can create a wide range of data collection solutions for inventory control, asset management, warehousing, retail, meter reading, document tracking, and production tracking.
- Delivers powerful programming tools such as VB Scripting, conditional branching, indexed validation files and pick lists, and data formatting support for text fi les, Excel, Access databases, and ODBC data sources.
- Scripting capabilities allow you to control every aspect of your data collection program.
- Adds sophisticated data validation including Data Masks, First Character Matches, Min and Max lengths, range checking, symbology matches and even look-up files.
- Enables simulation of your program right on your PC.
|| Dolphin HomeBase™ - US Kit Dolphin 7900 charging cradle with USB and serial (RS-232) ports for communications and auxiliary battery well for charging an extra battery. Includes US power cord and power supply.
|| Dolphin HomeBase™ - Euro Kit Dolphin 7900 charging cradle with USB and serial (RS-232) ports for communications and auxiliary battery well for charging an extra battery. Includes Euro power cord and power supply.
|| Dolphin HomeBase™ - UK Kit Dolphin 7900 charging cradle with USB and serial (RS-232) ports for communications and auxiliary battery well for charging an extra battery. Includes UK power cord and power supply.
|| Dolphin ChargeBase™ Wall Mount Kit Mounting bracket with mounting bolts (Must order two kits per ChargeBase for proper installation.)
|| Dolphin Mobile Base Dolphin 7900 mobile charging cradle with a serial (RS-232) port for communications. Includes universal mounting bracket. (Must order cigarette lighter power adapter or power cable separately.)
|| Dolphin Mobile Base - Vehicle Kit Dolphin 7900 mobile charging cradle with a serial (RS-232) port for communications. Includes universal mounting bracket and 12V cigarette lighter power adapter.
|| Dolphin Mobile Base - Truck Kit Dolphin 7900 mobile charging cradle with a serial (RS-232) port for communications. Includes two universal mounting brackets and 24-48V direct connect power cable.
|| Dolphin QuadCharger™ - US Kit Dolphin 9500/9550 four-slot battery charging station. Includes US power cord and power supply.
|| Dolphin Net Base - US Kit Dolphin 7900 four-slot Ethernet charging and communications cradle. Includes serial cable and US power cord / power supply.
|| Dolphin Mobile Charger Dolphin 9500 mobile charging solution with cigarette lighter power adapter
|| Dolphin Battery Dolphin 9500/9550 7.4V, 14.8 Watt Hour Lion Battery Pack
|| Dolphin 9500/9550 RS-232 Charging and Communications Cable – US kit
|| Dolphin 9500/9550 USB Charging and Communications Cable – US kit
|| Dolphin 9500/9550 USB Charging and Communications Cable – Euro kit
|| Dolphin 9500/9550 USB Charging and Communications Cable – UK kit
| 7900 Holster
|| Dolphin 7900 Holster with belt loop and pocket for spare battery
| 7900 Cover
|| Dolphin 7900 Protective Enclosure with clear front and swivel belt clip
| 7900 Cover/2
|| Dolphin 7900 Protective Enclosure with swivel belt clip
|| Dolphin Mobile Mount Dolphin 7900 vehicle mounting bracket for use with the Mobile Charger
|| Dolphin 7900 Hand Strap with easy release clip
|| Torx L-key wrench
|| Dolphin 7900 QuadCharger™ Power Supply
|| Dolphin HomeBase™ Power Supply
|| Dolphin 7900 QuadCharger™ Power Cord - US
|| Dolphin 7900 QuadCharger™ Power Cord - Euro
|| Dolphin 7900 QuadCharger™ Power Cord - UK
|| Dolphin Charge/Comm Cable – RS-232
|| Cable to directly connect the Hand Held Products IT4600/IT4800/IT5600/IT5800 to Dolphin 7900 mobile computer
|| Cable to directly connect the Hand Held Products ST5750 to Dolphin 7900 mobile computer
|| UK Power Cord for power supply
|| 6 ft. (1.8m) RS-232 Cable
|| Dolphin Mobile Base Universal Mounting Bracket – Clamp Style
|| Dolphin 7900 Stylus Kit – 3 pack
|| Dolphin 7900 Stylus Kit w/ tether – 3 pack
|| Dolphin 7900 MSR attachment for reading encoded data on magnetic stripe encoded credit and identification cards
|| Dolphin 9500/9550 Mobile Base Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter
|| Dolphin Charge/Comm Cable - USB
|| Dolphin Mobile Base Direct Connect Power Cord
|| European Power Cord for power supply
|| 6 ft. (1.8m) USB Cable
| Counter/Wall Holder
|| Small,convenient holder for storing a handheld imager when not in use
|| Dolphin 9550/9551 wrist lanyard
|| STD Dolphin 7900 screen protector kit. Includes 15 screen protectors and installation tool.
Service and Repair
Hand Held Products, in conjunction with our Authorized Service Centers, deliver consistent, high-quality service and repair of your products - anywhere in the world.
- Platinum Service - For large installations with unique repair service requirements, we enable you to build your own optimum service plan to suit your needs.
- Gold Service - For mission-critical data collection applications, preconfigured spare devices shipped overnight to your location.
- Silver Service - Guaranteed three-day repair turnarounds to minimize downtime.
- Bronze Service - Guaranteed turnaround times at a minimal cost.
- Extended Warranty - When turnaround time is not a key factor, but being covered matters.
Our team of Hand Held Products professionals and business partners can assist you with in-depth solution planning and project execution, ranging from site analyses and consulting to software application development and system installations - all helping ensure that your project goals and long-term needs are met.
Our software consultants and Business Solution Partners work as an extension of your development team to understand your specific application requirements. Once determined, our software engineers will help create custom applications and tools to fit your exact business needs. Software services include:
- Software project management
- Software application design and development for batch and wireless environments
- Middleware interface development
- Quality control and application debugging
- Code review
- Application porting to new environments
- Application support
In developing software applications, we follow the rigorous industry standard Carnegie-Mellon Software Institute’s Capability Maturity Model (CMM). This modular approach ensures your application is portable and sustainable throughout the lifecycle of your solution.
*Software Services are quoted on a project basis and our end-users always maintain control of
Remote Device Management Services
Our highly trained staff can help you effectively plan for and deploy your remote device management solution with services including site analysis, consulting, installation and training.
Hand Held Products can assist you in designing or configuring your data collection system. Our highly trained consulting staff can enhance or supplement your own project team, ensuring a successful implementation. Consulting services include:
- RF network analyses and site surveys
- Software requirements definition
- Project specification and needs development
- Software development training for mobile applications
Enterprise Class Services
For customers engaged in large-scale deployments, our Enterprise Class Services provide comprehensive solutions configuration, reporting, and sustainment services for your most complex deployments - all with minimal impact to your internal resources.
Equipment Configuration and Staging (ECS)
Device staging and configuration can be an extremely inefficient process to manage internally. We have the ability to save you time and money, improving your overall ROI—by providing devices completely configured for a full “out of the box” solution. ECS services include:
- Battery charging
- SIM Card installation with EMEI reporting
- SD Card installation and testing
- Tethered stylus attachment
- Screen protector installation
- Terminal emulation loading
- Custom software application loading and configuration
- I/O connector cover installation
- Custom kitting and packaging
Application and Configuration Sustainment
From the day your device leaves our factory until its retirement, we protect the integrity of your unique configuration, ensuring consistent and predictable service and repair—regardless of how long the device has been in service.
- Service devices are returned with all of your applications and device settings installed.
- Software updates can be made throughout the lifecycle of your devices, allowing your service package to keep up with you.
Custom Hardware Configuration
Specifically designed for enterprise-class customers with unique requirements, we offer the option to customize your hardware solutions in a variety of ways:
- Housing colors
- Laser-etched marked housing
Drop-Ship Service and Reporting
If you don’t have a central warehouse, or don’t want the hassle of distributing new equipment to multiple locations, Hand Held Products can manage this for you. We have the capability to drop-ship your order to multiple locations and provide you with reports detailing what equipment went to which locations.