MBCEStore Barcode »
Barcode Scanners »
PSC Barcode Scanner »
PSC Magellan 8100 Omega
PSC Magellan 8100 Omega Barcode Scanner
Economical Slim Line Scanner and Scanner/Scale with OmegaTek.
The Magellan 8100 Omega high performance scanner and scanner/scale with the new OmegaTek Productivity Technology is specifically designed for high volume retail checkout applications.
The Magellan 8100 Omega features a redesigned All-Weighs platter for reducing loss from shrink stemming from mis-weighing large or over-sized produce. The All-Weighs platter design is more intuitive to use and allows produce to be leaned against the vertical window and platter, away from the counter, for the most accurate weighing.
The Magellan 8100 Omega scanner and Magellan 8100 Omega scanner/scale are entry level members of PSC s high-performance Magellan line for large volume, point-of-sale applications. They feature PSC s patented 360-degree scan pattern for ergonomically correct scanning when seated or standing. Select from five different Magellan 8100 Omega models to fit your particular application and checkstand designs.
PSC Magellan 8100 Omega Specifications
Magellan® 8100 Scanner and Scanner/Scale
Datalogic's Magellan 8100 provides high value for the price conscious retailer. Designed for medium throughput environments, the 8100 uses OmegaTek™ Productivity Technology comprised of hardware and software innovations that significantly improve scanner performance by improving the first pass read rates on hard-to-read bar codes. The Magellan 8100, capable of reading five sides of a scanned item, also features FirstStrike® decoding software and comes equipped with an enhanced All-Weighs® platter for reducing produce shrink. Available in three sizes to fit your checkstand requirements, the Magellan 8100 offers excellent value and performance at an attractive price. Standard factory warranty is one year.
- OmegaTek™ Productivity Technology
- Enhanced All-Weighs® Platter
- Aggressive and ergonomic 5-sided scanning
- Supports all popular host interfaces
- FirstStrike® Advanced Decoding Software
- Flash memory for easy, low cost upgrades
- Powered auxiliary RS-232 port for easy integration of a handheld scanner
- Host Download
- Diagnostic Reporting
- RSS Decoding
- Optional EAS functionality
- Sunrise 2005 Compliant
- Model 8100 (short scanner): 13.9" / 35.3 cm
- Model 8101 (medium scanner): 15.7" / 39.9 cm
- Model 8102 (med. scanner/scale): 15.7"/ 39.9 cm
- Model 8103 (long scanner): 20.0" / 50.8 cm
- Model 8104 (long scanner/scale): 20.0" / 50.8 cm
- Width: 11.5" / 29.2 cm
- Depth (below counter): 4.0" / 10.2 cm
- Height (above counter): 5.1" / 13.0 cm
- Model 8100 (short scanner): 13.0 lb / 5.9 kg
- Model 8101 (medium scanner): 15.0 lb / 6.9 kg
- Model 8102 (med. scanner/scale): 15.0 lb / 6.9 kg
- Model 8103 (long scanner): 18.0 lb / 8.2 kg
- Model 8104 (long scanner/scale): 20.0 lb / 9.1 kg
- Capacity: 30.0 lb / 9.99 kg – 15 kg (interface dependent)
- Minimum Increment: 0.01 lb / 0.005 kg
- Vibration Immunity: 4 programmable filter settings
- Maximum Static Weight: 150 lb / 68 kg
- Adjustments Required: Calibration only
The Magellan 8100 autodiscriminates between the following supported symbologies:
- UPC Versions A & E
- UPC Supplementals (Bookland & Coupon Code)
- UPC Add-ons (sub 2 or P2, sub 5 or P5 & C128)
- Reduced Space Symbology (RSS-14, expanded & stacked)
- EAN 8, 13
- JAN 8, 13
- EAN/JAN two label
- UCC/EAN 128
- Code 39 (with full ASCII)
- Code 128
- Code 93
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- Italian Pharmacode
Scan Lines: 48
Motor Speed: 4500 rpm
Scan Rate: 3,600 lines/sec.
Scan Zone: 360°
Sides Read: 5
Read Height: 6.0" / 15.2 cm
- Operating: 50° to 104° F / 10° to 40° C
- Storage: -40° to 158° F / -40° to 70° C
Humidity: 5 to 95% NC
AC Power Requirements:
- 100-250 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- 8 Watts (nominal)
- 12 Watts (maximum)
- 4 Watts (sleep mode)
Host: Choose from: IBM 46XX, RS-232, or IBM USB.
Other: Powered RS-232 auxiliary port; Scale host port; Remote scale display port; EAS interlock port
SAFETY & REGULATORY
Electrical: IRAM (Argentina), AS/NZS 60950 (Australia); CSA-C22.2 No. 60950 (Canada); EN60 950 (TÜV Europe); PSE Mark (Japan); UL 60950 (USA)
Emissions: FCC part 15, Class B (USA); AS/NZS 3548 (Australia/New Zealand); EN 55022-B (Europe); CISPR 22-B, VCCI-B ( Japan )
Laser Safety: Class IIa Laser Product (CAUTION: Laser Light – do not stare into beam); IEC 825 Class 1, EN60 825 Class ( Europe )
Restriction of Hazardous Substances: Complies to EU RoHS
Weights and Measures: Australia ; Canada ; 90/384/EEC (Europe); Mexico ; New Zealand ; USA (NIST Handbook 44)
Contact your Datalogic Scanning representative for certification schedule and additional listings.
EAS Compatibility: Integrated EAS hardware will work with Counterpoint IV, V, VI, and VII models available from Checkpoint® Systems. Good Read acknowledgement with Sensormatic®.
Leading manufacturer of bar code scanning and data collection technologies. Also corporate site for Percon.
About Barcode Scanners
Improves productivity by reducing the need to rescan bar codes or key in data, resulting in shorter lines at the retail point of sale with all variety of barcode scanner from a pend, handheld, wand, counter-top, in counter, industrial, laser, ccd, imager 2d, raster, serial rs2323, keyboard wedge, ps2, and wireless options RF, wifi 802.11b or gprs scanners.
You can also be interested in other
PSC Barcode Scanners.