MBCEStore Barcode »
Barcode Scanners »
PSC Barcode Scanner »
PSC Magellan 8200 Omega
PSC Magellan 8200 Omega Barcode Scanner
Patented All-Weighs Scale Platter Reduces Shrink.
The Magellan 8200 Omega features a redesigned All-Weighs platter for reducing loss from shrink stemming from mis-weighing large or over-sized produce. The All-Weighs platter design is more intuitive to use and allows produce to be leaned against the vertical window and platter, away from the counter, for the most accurate weighing.
The Magellan 8200 Omega scanner and Magellan 8200 Omega scanner/scale are members of PSC s high-performance Magellan line for large volume, point-of-sale applications. It features PSC s patented 360-degree scan pattern for ergonomically correct scanning when seated or standing. Select from five different Magellan 8200 Omega models to fit your particular application and checkstand designs.
Every Magellan 8200 Omega also includes FirstStrike, PSC s advanced decoding software for reading torn, poorly printed and disfigured labels of all types. FirstStrike has the ability to autodiscriminate all supported symbologies including support for Reduced Space Symbology (RSS). The Magellan 8200Ω is fully compliant with the 2005 Sunrise initatives.
PSC Magellan 8200 Omega Specifications
Magellan® 8200 High Performance Slim-line Scanner and Scanner/Scale
Datalogic's Magellan 8200 uses OmegaTek™ Productivity Technology comprised of hardware and software innovations that significantly improve scanner performance by improving the first pass read rates on hard-to-read bar codes. The Magellan 8200 comes equipped with Datalogic's enhanced All-Weighs® platter for reducing produce shrink and also features five-sided scanning using FirstStrike® decoding software. The Magellan 8200 has a low profile below the counter for sit down scanning applications and is available in three sizes to fit your checkstand requirements. The Magellan 8200 offers high performance and excellent features. Standard factory warranty is one year.
- OmegaTek™ Productivity Technology
- Enhanced All-Weighs® Platter
- Aggressive and ergonomic 5-sided scanning
- Multiple interface solution supports all popular host interfaces
- FirstStrike® Advanced Decoding Software
- Flash memory for easy, low cost upgrades
- Powered auxiliary RS-232 port for easy integration of a handheld scanner
- Host Download
- Diagnostic Reporting
- Optional Productivity Index Reporting™ (PIR)
- RSS Decoding
- Optional EAS functionality
- Sunrise 2005 Compliant
- Model 8200 (short scanner): 13.9" / 35.3 cm
- Model 8201 (medium scanner): 15.7" / 39.9 cm
- Model 8202 (med. scanner/scale):15.7"/ 39.9 cm
- Model 8203 (long scanner):20.0" / 50.8 cm
- Model 8204 (long scanner/scale): 20.0" / 50.8 cm
- Width: 11.5" / 29.2 cm
- Depth (below counter): 4.0" / 10.0 cm
- Height (above counter): 5.1" / 13.1 cm
- Model 8200 (short scanner): 13.0 lb / 5.9 kg
- Model 8201 (medium scanner): 15.0 lb / 6.9 kg
- Model 8202 (med. scanner/scale):18.0 lb / 8.2 kg
- Model 8203 (long scanner):15.0 lb / 6.9 kg
- Model 8204 (long scanner/scale):20.0 lb / 9.1 kg
- Capacity: 30.0 lb / 9.99 kg or 15 kg (host dependent)
- Minimum Increment: 0.01 lb / 0.005 kg
- Vibration Immunity: 4 programmable filter settings
- Maximum Static Weight: 150 lb / 68 kg
- Adjustments Required: Calibration only
The Magellan 8200 autodiscriminates between the following supported symbologies:
- UPC Versions A & E
- UPC Supplementals (Bookland & Coupon Code)
- UPC Add-ons (sub 2 or P2, sub 5 or P5 & C128)
- Reduced Space Symbology (RSS-14, expanded & stacked)
- EAN 8, 13
- JAN 8, 13
- EAN/JAN two label
- UCC/EAN 128
- Code 39 (with full ASCII)
- Code 128
- Code 93
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- Italian Pharmacode
Scan Lines: 48
Motor Speed: 6,000 rpm
Scan Rate: 4,800 lines/sec.
Scan Zone: 360°
Sides Read: 5
Read Height: 6.0" / 15.2 cm
- Operating: 50° to 104° F / 10° to 40° C
- Storage: -40° to 158° F / -40° to 70° C
Humidity: 5 to 95% NC
AC Power requirements:
- 100-250 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- 11 Watts (nominal)
- 14 Watts (maximum)
- 4 Watts (sleep mode)
Host: All Magellan 8200 models support IBM 46XX, RS-232, and IBM USB. There is an optional Keyboard Wedge for the scanner-only version.
Other: Powered RS-232 auxiliary port; Scale host port; Remote scale display port; EAS interlock port
SAFETY & REGULATORY
Electrical: IRAM ( Argentina ), AS/NZS 60950 ( Australia ); CSA-C22.2 No. 60950 (Canada); EN60 950 (TÜV Europe); PSE Mark (Japan); UL 60950 (USA)
Emissions: FCC part 15, Class B ( USA ); AS/NZS 3548 (Australia/New Zealand); EN 55022-B (Europe); CISPR 22-B, VCCI-B ( Japan )
Laser Safety: Class IIa Laser Product (CAUTION: Laser Light – do not stare into beam); IEC 825 Class 1, EN60 825 Class ( Europe )
Restriction of Hazardous Substances: Complies to EU RoHS
Weights and Measures: Argentina; Australia; Brazil; Canada; 90/384/EEC (Europe); Mexico; New Zealand; USA (NIST Handbook 44)
Contact your Datalogic Scanning representative for certification schedule and additional listings.
EAS Compatibility: Integrated EAS hardware will work with Counterpoint IV, V, VI, and VII models available from Checkpoint® Systems. Good Read acknowledgement with Sensormatic®.
Leading manufacturer of bar code scanning and data collection technologies. Also corporate site for Percon.
About Barcode Scanners
Improves productivity by reducing the need to rescan bar codes or key in data, resulting in shorter lines at the retail point of sale with all variety of barcode scanner from a pend, handheld, wand, counter-top, in counter, industrial, laser, ccd, imager 2d, raster, serial rs2323, keyboard wedge, ps2, and wireless options RF, wifi 802.11b or gprs scanners.
You can also be interested in other
PSC Barcode Scanners.