MBCEStore Barcode »
Barcode Scanners »
PSC Barcode Scanner »
PSC Magellan 8500
PSC Magellan 8500 Specifications
Magellan® 8500 with OmegaTek™ Productivity Technology Scanner and Scanner/Scale
Datalogic's Magellan 8500 utilizes OmegaTek™ Productivity Technology comprised of hardware and software innovations that significantly improve scanner performance by improving the first pass read rates on hard-to-read bar codes. The Magellan 8500 also utilizes SurroundScan® 3D Scanning™ technology and FirstStrike® decoding software and comes equipped with an enhanced All- Weighs™ platter for reducing shrink. The Magellan 8500 is optionally equipped with Checkpoint® EAS. Standard factory warranty is one year.
- OmegaTek™ Productivity Technology
- SurroundScan® 3D Scanning™ Technology
- Enhanced All-Weighs® Platter
- FirstStrike™ Advanced Decoding Software
- Multiple interface solution supports all popular host interfaces
- Flash memory for easy, low cost upgrades
- Powered auxiliary RS-232 port for easy integration of a handheld scanner
- Optional EAS functionality
- Sunrise 2005 and GTIN compliant
- Model 8500 (short scanner): 16.5"/ 41.9 cm
- Model 8501 (long scanner): 20.0"/ 50.8 cm
- Model 8502 (long scanner/scale): 20.0"/ 50.8 cm
- Width: 11.5"/ 29.2 cm
- Depth (below counter): 5.0"/ 12.7 cm
- Height (above counter): 7.0"/ 17.8 cm
- Model 8500 (short scanner): 18.0 lb / 8.2 kg
- Model 8501 (long scanner): 20.0 lb / 9.1 kg
- Model 8502 (long scanner/scale): 26.0 lb / 11.8 kg
- Capacity: 30.0 lb / 9.99 kg or 15 kg (host dependent)
- Minimum Increment: .01 lb / 0.005 kg
- Vibration Immunity: 4 programmable filter settings
- Maximum Static weight: 150 lb / 68 kg
- Adjustments Required: Calibration only
The Magellan 8500 decodes and autodiscriminates all of the following symbologies:
- UPC Versions A & E
- UPC Supplementals (Bookland & Coupon Code)
- UPC Add-ons (sub 2 or P2, sub 5 or P5 & C128)
- Reduced Space Symbology (RSS-14, expanded and stacked)
- EAN 8, 13
- JAN 8, 13
- EAN/JAN two label
- UCC/EAN 128
- Code 39 (with full ASCII)
- Code 128
- Code 93
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- Italian Pharmacode
Scan Lines: 64
Motor Speed: 6,000 rpm
Scan Rate: 6,400 lines/sec.
Scan Zone: 360° x 2
Sides Read: 6
Read Height: 6.0" / 15.2 cm
- Operating: 50° to 104° F / 10° to 40° C
- Storage/Transport: -40° to 158° F / -40° to 70° C
Humidity: 5 to 95% NC
AC Power Requirements: 100-250 VAC, 50-60 Hz; 9 Watts (nominal), 17 Watts (maximum), 4 Watts (sleep mode)
Host: All Magellan 8500 models support –IBM 46XX, RS-232, IBM USB, and keyboard wedge (scanner only)
Other: RS-232 handheld scanner port; scale host port; remote scale display port; EAS interlock port
SAFETY & REGULATORY
Electrical: UL 60950; CSA-C22.2 no.60950; EN60950
Emissions: FCC part 15 subpart j, Class B (USA); AS/NZS 3548 (Australia/New Zealand); ICES-0003 (Canada); VCCI;
EN 55022; CISPR 22 and others.
Laser Safety: Class IIa Laser Product; IEC 60825 Class 1 (CAUTION: Laser Light – do not stare into beam)
Restriction of Hazardous Substances: Complies to EU RoHS
*Weights & Measures: Standards - HB44, OIML R76-1 and R76-2, EN45501, 90/384/EEC, NOM, and others.
*Countries approved: USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, and most of the world.
*Contact your Datalogic Scanning representative for certification schedule and additional listings.
EAS Compatibility: Integrated EAS hardware will work with Counterpoint IV, V, VI, and VII models available from Checkpoint Systems. Good read acknowledgement with Sensormatic.
Leading manufacturer of bar code scanning and data collection technologies. Also corporate site for Percon.
About Barcode Scanners
Improves productivity by reducing the need to rescan bar codes or key in data, resulting in shorter lines at the retail point of sale with all variety of barcode scanner from a pend, handheld, wand, counter-top, in counter, industrial, laser, ccd, imager 2d, raster, serial rs2323, keyboard wedge, ps2, and wireless options RF, wifi 802.11b or gprs scanners.
You can also be interested in other
PSC Barcode Scanners.