MBCEStore Barcode »
Barcode Scanners »
PSC Barcode Scanner »
PSC Magellan 9500 Omega
PSC Magellan 9500 Omega Barcode Scanner
Dual Antennae Integrated Sensormatic Ultra Max EAS Deactivation.
The Magellan 9500 Omega is PSC's premier scanner for high volume fixed
POS applications with integrated Sensormatic EAS tag deactivation.
The Magellan 9500 Omega's EAS tag deactivation system minimizes Failure
to Deactivate incidents and the SurroundScan Technology efficiently scans all 6
sides of an item using an impressive 64 lines aligned in a broad, dense pattern that enables
Additionally, FirstStrike advanced decoding software reads damaged,
wrinkled and poorly printed labels and boosts productivity at the point-of-sale.
The Magellan 9500 Omega is equipped with SurroundScan 3D Scanning technology. SurroundScan utilizes the Magellan 9500 Omega s breakthrough scan pattern to aggressively read all six sides of an item. All other competitive scanners at best read five sides resulting in a complete blind spot in their scan zone. Blind spots cause misreads, reducing productivity, and require a better-trained cashier to orient labels to the scanner correctly. SurroundScan virtually eliminates misreads and reduces ergonomic problems by allowing cashiers the freedom to scan items in their natural orientation.
PSC Magellan 9500 Omega Specifications
Magellan® 9500 with Integrated EAS Deactivation Utilizing the Dual Antenna Sensormatic® Ultra•Max® EAS Deactivation
The Magellan® 9500 Dual Antenna, with integrated Sensormatic® EAS, is the highest performing EAS tag deactivating point-of-sale scanner in the world. It is the first scanner ever to utilize two EAS antenna's to deactivate EAS tags. Datalogic's innovative SurroundScan® 3D Scanning™ technology, which enables the scanner to aggressively read a bar code on all six sides of an item, maximizes POS throughput. The All-Weighs® scale platter reduces POS produce shrink by providing a larger platform for weighing long and bagged produce. The Magellan 9500 is the best scanner for all high-volume retail point-of-sale applications with Sensormatic EAS.
- OmegaTek™ Productivity Technology
- Datalogic Scanning SmartSentry® firmware interfaces with the Sensormatic® Ultra•Max® Electronic Article Surveillance Deactivation
- Dual EAS Antennas in the Vertical and Horizontal plane (models 9503 & 9504)
- SurroundScan® 3D Scanning™ Technology
- Enhanced All-Weighs® scale platter
- Flash ROM for easy, low cost software upgrades
- Multiple POS interfaces support all popular host systems
- FirstStrike® Advanced Decoding Software
- Powered auxiliary RS-232 port for handheld scanner
- Sunrise 2005 and GTIN compliant
- Optional IntelliCompass® Value Added Software Features:
- Host Download
- Diagnostics Reporting
- Productivity Index Reporting™ (PIR)
- Cashier Training™ / Ergonomic Index
- Model 9502 (scanner/scale): 20.0"/ 50.8 cm
- Model 9501(scanner): 20.0"/ 50.8 cm
- Model 9503 (scanner): 20.0" / 50.8 cm
- Model 9504 (scanner/scale): 20.0" / 50.8 cm
- Width: 11.5" / 29.2 cm
- Depth (below counter): 6.5" / 16.5 cm
- Height (above counter): 7.0" / 17.8 cm
- Model 9502 (scanner/scale): 28.9 lb / 13.11 kg
- Model 9501 (scanner): 22.2 lb / 10.07 kg
- Model 9503 (scanner): 24.2 lb / 10.9 kg
- Model 9504 (scanner/scale): 32.9 lb / 14.9 kg
- Capacity: 30.0 lb / 9.99 kg or 15 kg (interface dependent)
- Minimum Increment: .01 lb / 0.005 kg
- Vibration Immunity: 4 programmable filter settings
- Maximum Static Weight: 150 lb / 68 kg
Adjustments Required: Calibration only
The Magellan® 9500 decodes and autodiscriminates all of the following symbologies:
- UPC Versions A & E
- UPC Supplementals (Bookland & Coupon Code)
- UPC Add-ons (sub 2 or P2, sub 5 or P5 & C128)
- Reduced Space Symbology (RSS-14, expanded/stacked)
- EAN 8, 13
- JAN 8, 13
- EAN/JAN two label
- UCC/EAN 128
- Code 39 (with full ASCII)
- Code 128
- Code 93
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- Italian Pharmacode
- MSI Plessey
Scan Lines: 64
Motor Speed: 6,000 rpm
Scan Rate: 6,400 lines/sec.
Scan Zone: 360° x 2
Sides Read: 6
Read Height: 5.5" / 13.9 cm
- Operating: 50° to 104° F / 10° to 40° C
- Storage/Transport: -40° to 158° F / -40° to 70° C
Humidity: 5 to 95% NC
AC Power Requirements:
- Nominal: 100-250 VAC, 50-60 Hz; 9 Watts
- Sleep Mode: 17 Watts (maximum) 4 Watts
Host: All Magellan® 9500 models support IBM RS-485, RS-232, IBM USB, and keyboard wedge (scanner only)
Other: RS-232 handheld scanner port; scale host port; remote scale display port; Sensormatic EAS controller port
SAFETY & REGULATORY
Electrical: UL 60950; CSA 60950; EN60950
Emissions: FCC part 15 subpart j, Class B (USA); AS/NZS 3548 (Australia/New Zealand); ICES-0003 (Canada); VCCI; EN 55022; CISPR 22 and others.
Laser Safety: Class IIa Laser Product; IEC 60825 Class 1 (CAUTION: Laser Light – do not stare into beam)
Restriction of Hazardous Substances: Complies to EU RoHS
Weights & Measures: Standards - HB44, EN45501, 90/384/EEC, NOM, and others. *Countries approved: USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe, and most of the world.
*Contact your Datalogic Scanning representative for certification schedule and additional listings.
Leading manufacturer of bar code scanning and data collection technologies. Also corporate site for Percon.
About Barcode Scanners
Improves productivity by reducing the need to rescan bar codes or key in data, resulting in shorter lines at the retail point of sale with all variety of barcode scanner from a pend, handheld, wand, counter-top, in counter, industrial, laser, ccd, imager 2d, raster, serial rs2323, keyboard wedge, ps2, and wireless options RF, wifi 802.11b or gprs scanners.
You can also be interested in other
PSC Barcode Scanners.