MBCEStore Barcode »
Barcode Scanners »
Symbol Barcode Scanner »
Symbol DS6707 Barcode Scanner
Capture data and images with single multi-use device.
The versatile DS6700 Series from Symbol Technologies delivers the functionality of a 1D and 2D bar code scanner, digital camera and document scanner in a single device. Designed to meet a wide variety of business needs across a variety of industries, the DS6700 enhances employee productivity and streamlines business processes in retail, healthcare, government, manufacturing and more by combining an onboard 1.3 megapixel camera with high performance scanning features and superior digital imaging technology. The DS6700 Series delivers the accurate and rapid first time scanning of bar codes required to maximize employee productivity. Whether you need to read 1D, 2D or PDF417 bar codes, the DS6700 Series provides true point-and-shoot bar code capture — there is no need to orient products to the scanner window, and a viewfinder ensures the image is properly captured the first time. Users can dynamically switch between hands-free and handheld operation to quickly, easily and safely scan large items. And a pick list function expands usability from the front room to the back room, enabling rapid processing of orders and more.
Symbol DS6707 Specifications
Capture data and images with single multi-use device
The versatile DS6700 Series from Symbol Technologies delivers the functionality of a 1D and 2D bar code scanner, digital camera and document scanner in a single device. Designed to meet a wide variety of business needs across a variety of industries, the DS6700 enhances employee productivity and streamlines business processes in retail, healthcare, government, manufacturing and more by combining an onboard 1.3 megapixel camera with high performance scanning features and superior digital imaging technology.
Enhance employee productivity
The DS6700 Series delivers the accurate and rapid first time scanning of bar codes required to maximize employee productivity. Whether you need to read 1D, 2D or PDF417 bar codes, the DS6700 Series provides true point-and-shoot bar code capture there is no need to orient products to the scanner window, and a viewfinder ensures the image is properly captured the first time. Users can dynamically switch between hands-free and handheld operation to quickly, easily and safely scan large items. And a pick list function expands usability from the front room to the back room, enabling rapid processing of orders and more.
Superior document clarity for record- keeping applications
Our text enhancement software delivers the document clarity required to streamline recordkeeping, replacing paper-based files with electronic filing. From medication prescriptions to bills of lading, the high-resolution camera and text-enhancing software work hand-in-hand to ensure the visibility of text on documents captured, including very small print. As a result, critical business information is literally at your fingertips, helping to reduce administrative and regulatory compliance costs.
An outstanding return on investment
The DS6700 Series reduces capital and operating expenses by eliminating the need to purchase, manage and support additional devices such as digital cameras and separate bar code scanners for different symbologies. Fewer devices to deploy significantly reduces the time and costs associated with training and positively impacts productivity. The ability to remotely track, deploy and upgrade DS6700 Series scanners reduces typical management costs. And since even the most intelligent devices require a support plan, Symbol’s Service from the Start Advance Exchange Support agreement provides next-business-day delivery of a replacement device for maximum uptime and true service peace of mind.
- 1.3 Megapixel imaging
- Support for all major 1D, PDF, postal and 2D symbologies
- RSM (Remote Scanner Management) Ready
- Text enhancement technology
- 6 ft./1.8m drop specification, tempered glass exit window
- Multiple on-board interfaces; universal cable compatible
- 360° omni-directional scanning; wide working range, laser aiming pattern
- Optional hands-free Intellistand
- Provides resolution to support image capture and bar code scanning; provides flexibility to capture documents as large as 8.5 in. x 11 in./21.6cm x 27.9cm
- Delivers application flexibility; eliminates need for multiple devices and associated costs
- Lowers IT expenses and TCO by enabling remote management from a central location
- Ensures legibility of text in scanned documents
- Designed to endure the rigors of everyday use for maximum reliability and uptimes; reduces downtime and TCO
- Easy to install; future-proof today’s cradle can connect to tomorrow’s host
- Easy to use; no need to align item and scanner; virtually no training required
- Enables presentation scanning and automatic switching between hands-free and handheld modes
DS6700 Series Specification Highlights
- 6.55 in. H x 4.72 in. L x 2.82 in. W 16.6 cm H x 11.9 cm L x 7.1 cm W
Voltage and Current:
- Cash Register White (shown) or Twilight Black
- Aiming: 650 nm laser diode Illumination: 630 nm LED
Field of View: (Vertical x Horizontal)
- SR - Standard range: 34° V x 43° H DC - Document capture: 35° V x 44° H
Roll / Pitch / Yaw:
- SR - Standard range: 360°, ±65°, ±60° DC - Document capture: 360°, ±65°, ±60°
Symbology Decode Capability
- UPC/EAN and with supplementals, Code 39, Code 39 Full ASCII, Tri-optic Code 39, RSS variants, UCC/EAN 128, Code 128, Code 128 Full ASCII, Code 93, Codabar (NW1), Interleaved 2 of 5, Discrete 2 of 5, MSI, Codell, IATA, Bookland EAN, Code 32
PDF417 (and Variants):
- PDF417, microPDF417 and composite codes
- U.S. Postnet and Planet, U.K., Japan, Australian, and Dutch
- MaxiCode, DataMatrix (ECC 200), and QR Code
- 5 mil (Code 39): 1.1 – 6.5 in. (2.8 – 16.5 cm)
- 13 mil (100% UPC/EAN): 0.5 – 9.7 in. (1.3 – 24.6 cm)
(SR - Standard Range focus)
- 20 mil (Code 39): 0.5 – 15.2 in. (1.3 – 38.6 cm) PDF417 (10 Mil): 0.9 – 7 in. (2.3 – 17.8 cm) Datamatrix (10 Mil): 1.1 – 7.5 in. (2.8 – 19.1 cm)
- 5 mil (Code 39): 2.5 – 10 in. (6.5 – 25.4 cm)
- 13 mil (100% UPC/EAN): 0.8 – 16.8 in. (2 – 42.7 cm)
(DC – Document Capture focus)
- 20 mil (Code 39): 0.7 – 28.3 in. (1.8 – 71 cm) PDF417 (10 Mil): 1.9 – 11.8 in. (4.8 – 30 cm) Datamatrix (10 Mil): 2.6 – 12.2 in. (6.6 – 31 cm)
- Horizontal velocity: 5 in. (12.7) cm per second
- DS6707: RS-232C (Standard, Nixdorf, ICL, and Fujitsu); USB (Standard, IBM SurePOS, Macintosh) and Synapse connectivity allows for connectivity to all of the above plus many non-standard interfaces. DS6708: Includes above plus IBM 468x/469x and keyboard wedge
Imaging Characteristics (DS6707 ONLY)
- 1.3 Megapixel: 1280 pixels H x 1024 pixels V
Graphics Format Support:
- Images can be exported as Bitmap, Jpeg, and Tiff
Image Transfer Speed:
- USB 1.1: Up to 12 Megabits/secon RS232: Up to 115 kb baud rate
Image Transfer Time:
- Typical USB application is ~ 0.2 seconds with a compressed Jpeg of 100 kb
Imaging Distance: (Vertical x Horizontal) Document Sizes:
- 2 1/8 x 3 3/8 in. (5.4 x 8.6 cm) 4 x 6 in. (10.2 x 15.2 cm) 5 x 7 in. (12.7 x 17.8 cm) 8 x 11 in. (21.6 x 28 cm)
Minimum Distance (Approximate)
- 2.4 in. (6.1 cm) 5.7 in. (14.5 cm) 6.9 in. (17.5 cm) 11.9 in. (30.2 cm)
Ranges are from the nose of the scanner and are based on DC – Document Capture focus only.
*Note: Imaging characteristics only apply to the DS6707. The DS6708 does not support image transfer.
- 32° to 122° F / 0° to 50° C
- -40° to 158° F / -40° to 70° C
- 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Withstands multiple 6 ft. (1.8m) drops to concrete
- IP43, water and dust resistant
Ambient Light Immunity:
- Immune to normal artificial indoor and natural outdoor (direct sunlight) lighting.
- UL6950-1, CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1, EN60950-1 / IEC60950-1
- EN60825-1:1994 +A1: 2002 +A2 :2001, IEC60825-1, 21CFR1040.10 and 21CFR1040.11, CDRH Class II, IEC Class 2
- FCC Part 15 Class B, ICES-003 Class B, CISPR 22, CISPR 24 Medical electrical equipment: EN60601-1-2: 2002
- Compliant with RoHS directive 2002/95/EEC
Mounting Options (Accessories):
- Intellistand with adjustable height: 5–10 in. (12.7–25.4 cm) and adjustable angle: 0°–90° Desktop and wall-mount holders are also available.
- Power supplies are available for applications that don’t supply power over the host cable.
Symbol is a recognized leader in providing mobility products and solutions that make people more effective by keeping them connected to business applications and processes both inside and outside the workplace. Symbol now is Motorola Symbol.
By enhancing your most important business applications so that people can be more productive and efficient, Symbol enables companies everywhere to move forward with confidence and success.
About Barcode Scanners
Improves productivity by reducing the need to rescan bar codes or key in data, resulting in shorter lines at the retail point of sale with all variety of barcode scanner from a pend, handheld, wand, counter-top, in counter, industrial, laser, ccd, imager 2d, raster, serial rs2323, keyboard wedge, ps2, and wireless options RF, wifi 802.11b or gprs scanners.
You can also be interested in other
Symbol Barcode Scanners.